Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
– PO / PSO / PEO
Program Outcomes (PO)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
PSO1: Ability to analyze, formulate, synthesize data and technical concepts to solve real life problems.
PSO2: Ability to apply knowledge and skills for diverse domains with creativity, commitment and social consciousness.
PSO3: To inculcate professional and ethical codes in professional practices and commitment to social responsibilities.
PSO4: To instill positive attitude, excel in communication skills and ability to work as an individual or in a team.
PSO5: To prepare students to use modern tools effectively to solve real life problems.
PSO6: To explore multidisciplinary fields and professional capabilities to approach local and global needs.
PSO7: To build critical awareness in personal attitudes, behaviors and professional aspirations.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1: Computer engineering graduates will be successful, skillful, well groomed and efficient professionals in computer field with fundamental knowledge of computer engineering, by making valuable technical contribution to the design, development, deployment and production of computing systems and related allied areas.
PEO2: Graduates will be able to solve the techno-socio-economical problems by providing automated solution in various fields like finance, industry, agriculture and medical by utilizing and exhibiting social, communication and ethical values.
PEO3: Graduates will be capable to apply the knowledge of the latest technologies, utilities and simulation tools, to provide solutions to different domain by identifying, formulating and analyzing their problems.