Kamaltai Ulhas Dhole Patil Scholarship for financially weaker and deprived students:
Motivation and Background: Institutional distinctiveness refers to unique attributes, distinctive identity, value-based education with continuous nurturing and sustenance in academic excellence where students perceive and compete with confidence. The DPCoE is a unique institute that values the employees and students as one family.
Scholarship: The DPCOE established a charitable scheme viz. “Kamaltai Ulhas Dhole Patil Scholarship” for financially weaker and deprived students since 2012.
Objectives: DPCOE intends to empower students by supporting academically outstanding and financially weaker sections through scholarship to pursue their higher education. Hence, meritorious students with low income are provided with financial assistance to meet their day-to-day expenses during their studies.
- Scope: The scholarships are awarded to Engineering admitted students of DPCOE on the basis of HSC results, aptitude test and personal interviews.
- Eligibility: Total number of scholarships to be awarded in a year is decided by the management. The students should be passed in HSC from Maharashtra State Board/ CBSE/ ICSE and DSE in the age group of 18-25 years.
- Call for applications: Applications are invited from eligible aspirants to avail benefit of the scheme, have schedules for receiving application with required attachments, screening of application forms, verification of documents and personal interview. The received applications are processed and call for personal interview.
- Rate of scholarships: The students are exempted from tuition fee payment on floating percentage basis.
Duration of scholarship and renewal: The scholarship thus sanctioned is valid for one year from commencement of academic year. The renewal of the scheme is subjected to performance in SPPU examinations and their involvement in co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Outcome: There are 113 students benefitted under the scholarship scheme for academic year 2020-21. By means of the scheme, DPCOE is endowed with opportunities for efficient yeoman serve. The scheme echoed the rich heritage and culture of DPCOE among local community. Consequently, admissions of students to first and direct second year are increased subsequently and DPCOE has replenished as premier educational institute in Pune.