System in Mechanical Engineering Laboratory
- To identify the sources of energy and their conversions.
- To explain the basic concept of engineering thermodynamics and its application.
- To understanding the specifications of vehicles
- To get acquainted with vehicle systems.
- To introduce manufacturing processes applying proper method to produce components.
- To be able to select and compare domestic appliances.
System in mechanical engineering laboratory is intended to provide knowledge of the underlying principle of energy conversion systems and power plants, power producing and power absorbing devices. The basic mechanical engineering laboratory is well located with an airy and spacious hall of floor area 72 sq.meter. The basic mechanical engineering laboratory is well equipped with various instruments as per SPPU syllabus. The demonstrator to students ratio in the labs is maintained at 1:20. Assignments are conducted under the vigilant guidance and support of two faculty members, one laboratory in-charge and laboratory assistant.
Equipments: Power Transmitting Elements- Coupling, Gear, Bearing, Two Stroke and Four Stroke Engine, Four Bar Mechanism, Slider Crank Mechanism, Boilers,Turbines.