Engineering Mechanics Laboratory
- To impart knowledge about force systems and methods to determine resultant centroid and moment of inertia.
- To teach methods to calculate force of friction.
- To impart knowledge to determine reaction of beams, calculate member forces in trusses,
cables and frames using principles of equilibrium.
- To teach space force systems.
- To train students to solve problems related to particle mechanics using principles of kinematics, kinetics and work power energy.
The Engineering Mechanics Laboratory is well equipped with various instruments as per SPPU syllabus. Engineering Mechanics Lab is primarily dedicated to make the student to understand basic concepts through experiments. The Engineering Mechanics Laboratory is well located with an airy and spacious hall of floor area 72 sq. meter. Each working table in the laboratory is well furnished with adequate working space. The Demonstrator to student ratio in the labs is maintained at 1:20. In laboratory workstation 20 students are sitting at a time, but with the side benches as supplement, as many 20 students could potentially and comfortably occupy the space at once (but this would not be recommended). Students perform the practicals under the vigilant guidance and support of one faculty member and one Laboratory In-charge.
Equipments: Support reaction,Polygon Force Apparatus,Space frame,Coefficient of restitution apparatus, Curvilinear motion apparatus